Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Bathroom Renovation

I had already started a blog post about our latest house project: turning an old dresser into a vanity for our guest bathroom. Here are the pictures of Jacob working on it a couple weekends ago.




I had figured this would be one of those projects that lasts forever. We knew we wanted to tear out the old vanity and replace it, but we also needed to re-do the floors, get a new toilet, and put up bead board on the walls. We were excited about the project, but were in no huge rush.

While I was gone to Michigan over the 4th of July, Jacob told me he was working on a "small project" that had something to do with barn wood from the barn that sits on our property. I was excited, and figured he had made a frame mirror or something similar. Funny thing is, he didn't do anything with barn wood over the weekend. Instead, he ripped out the old vanity and floors in the bathroom, laid tile, put in a new toilet, installed bead board, and put in the new vanity. 

When I got home, Jacob was out of town but he had left the bathroom light on so I would be drawn to that part of the house first. Let's just say, I was shocked. It looks amazing. He had left a note on the vanity that said "Sorry I lied, I was not making anything out of barn wood".

We're still working on finishing touches, but I couldn't WAIT to share this with you all! I'll post more pictures once we get the rest of the drawers finished and put in. But for now, I leave you with the before and after pictures:

Before

After (very first sighting for me, with Jacob's note still on the vanity)

The pictures are not the highest of quality (iphone), but like I said - I was too excited not to share this with my readers right away! More to come very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment