Friday, February 1, 2013

The Table

A few weekends ago, I went back home to Cary, NC to visit my friend who was in town from Germany. It was a fun weekend spent with friends and family, but I was anxious to get back to Boone on Sunday and get prepped for the week that was ahead. I rushed home, and walked inside, exhausted and kind of down about it being Sunday evening. But lo and behold, this beauty was waiting for me when I came through the mud room into the kitchen.


I had been wanting a larger table for our kitchen since the table we had was not meant to seat more than 2-4 people. I had told Jacob that I wanted a table that would seat at least 6 people, with a bench on one side and chairs on the other.


He combined exactly what I wanted and much more into this masterpiece. I was truly amazed and shocked! I love it. We still need to stain it and put some finishing touches on it, but it's functional and being put to use already. I can't wait to see what it will look like once it's completely finished.


It pays to marry a handy-man.

No comments:

Post a Comment