Thursday, August 8, 2013

A few of my favorite things...

Good morning! As a dedicated blog reader I always love reading posts about blogger's favorites. So, I have created my own "favorites"post and hope to make this a regular thing! But, first things first - a picture of our favorite dog... (I know, I just couldn't resist and yes, we are crazy dog parents).


From things in the home, to beauty, to kitchen gadgets, to food favorites; these are a few of the things that I am loving right now (in no particular order or fashion).

Succulents. I have one on my desk at work, in our bathroom, on the coffee table, and in the kitchen. I love succulents, and I love that they don't need a lot of attention as far as plants go. I usually water them once a month or so and they're happy! They brighten up spaces and make the winters go by faster.


Pine-Sol. My every-day-use-on-everything cleaner. I love this stuff. Jacob might say that I'm addicted to it, and he might be right. Bathrooms, kitchen counters, mopping, you name it. I put it in a spray bottle and water it down (1/3 pine-sol, 2/3 water).


Green smoothies. Jacob and I have these for breakfast almost every weekday morning. The green is usually from kale or spinach. Bananas are always included, as well as orange juice, yogurt, oatmeal, and sunflower seeds or almonds. Keeps me full all morning long.


Coconut oil. Make's a great butter substitute, especially when pan-frying or baking. I also like to melt a small spoonful in the microwave and put it over ice cream or drizzle it overtop a cool smoothie to get the "shell" effect. 


Hell or high watermelon wheat beer. I am a summer beer lover of all kinds, and this one is no exception. It's a little on the sweet side, but so refreshing and truly tastes like watermelon! I highly recommend this for your next summer cookout.


This faucet. We put it in our newly renovated guest bathroom and I can't stop using it. 


Harris Teeter's caramel wafers. Now, for those of you who don't know, I am 100% dutch. All of y relatives came from Holland (including the fact that my father was born there), so there is a special place in my heart for dutch foods. These guys were part of my childhood, but we always ordered them from import companies. Now, Harris Teeter carries them and they're good! Yesss!


I picked up this jar of coconut and peanut spread the other day since we were out of regular peanut butter. I didn't have high expectations, but it was on sale and it was something new. Let me just say, it's awesome. It's very smooth and creamy, almost peter pan peanut butter consistency, but instead of hydrogenated oils and added sugars, it's just peanuts and coconut oil! Delicious stuff. This would be great for kids who aren't fond of the truly natural stuff.


Derma E's Tea Tree Cream. I got a small sample packet of this last time I was at Earth Fare, and fell in love. I use it as an everyday moisturizer for my face. Some may think it smells a bit strong, but I love tea tree oil scent so it suits me.


There you have it, my summer favorites. Email me (using the form on the right) if you have any questions as to where you can purchase these cool things!

No comments:

Post a Comment