Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend Happenings.

This past weekend was packed with family, food, and fun. Jacob's family was up here moving his little sister into the dorms at App, and my family was here to cheer on me and my Dad at the Watauga Lake Triathlon. We woke up bright and early Saturday AM to get to the race site before our 1000 meter swim, 35k bike ride, and 8k run. I don't know how this happened, but the weather was absolutely perfect.

The scenery wasn't too bad either...



Here I am starting the last leg of the race - the 4.5 mile run.


Cutie Dakota having fun waiting at the finish line.



Dad on the finish stretch!


And, we're done! A little puffy-eyed and tired, but happy.


Dad won 2nd in his age group, and I won 3rd in mine.  It's amazing how racing motivates you to want to work harder and get faster for the next time around. Already planning for our next few races!


And of course there was food. Unfortunately we were all too tired and hungry to take sufficient pictures of the food, but I did manage to snap a couple pictures with the phone.

Pasta and meatballs for dinner one night. Family style!


Bacon, egg, and cheese croissants + fresh fruit and lots of good coffee for Sunday breakfast. Someone was ready to eat before everyone else...


Happy Monday! I hope your Monday isn't as rainy and gloomy as ours is here in Boone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment