Thursday, September 19, 2013

Blackberry Gin and Tonics

Hello! Sorry for the period of absence from the blog. I was in the great state of Washington for the third and final week of work related training last week, and Jacob flew out over the weekend so we could spend some time exploring Mount Rainier National Park and Seattle together. We had an absolute blast.


While no gin and tonics were consumed on our trip, we did eat and drink some fabulous things. I can't wait to tell you all about them in my full recap very soon!

Let me just say, I was very skeptical of gin before I first tried it. I had heard so many people talk about their deep hatred for the liquor and so I stayed away from it. But then, one day, Jacob talked me into taking a sip of his gin and tonic. YUM! So refreshing, light, crisp, piney (in a good way, I promise), and slightly sweet. It's now my go-to "fancy" drink. This past week I decided to switch up the normal gin and tonic by adding a few frozen blackberries to my drink. It was fabulous. If you are over the age of 21 and not pregnant, I highly recommend you try this.

 This creation is just a slight twist on the classic gin and tonic. Frozen blackberries were the only "non traditional" ingredient.


Fresh black berries would work just fine too.


The gin to tonic ratio I usually stick to is 1/3 gin to 2/3 tonic, poured over ice.


A squeezed lime wedge is very necessary, in my mind.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment