Monday, April 22, 2013

6 Steps to Cutting the Perfect Fresh Pineapple


The fresh pineapple. They always looks like such a good purchase in the store, and they're often on sale. But then you get home. And the pineapple sits, and sits. And 5 days later you realize "crap! I have to cut up that pineapple or it's going to go bad"! How many times has that happened to you? Countless times on my end. So I find myself trying to frantically cut up the pineapple at 7:30am on my way out the door to work so I can eat it during the ONE last day that it won't taste like some kind of fermented pineapple wine.

Luckily, I have a fool proof way to cut fresh pineapple. You'll love it, and your pineapple will thank you for it. In just 6 simple steps, you'll have chopped fresh pineapple ready to consume.

1. Twist the top off. It's as simple as it sounds.


2. Using a large, sharp knife, cut the top and the bottom off.


3. Take your knife and run it down the sides of the pineapple.


At this point, you probably want to pull out the trashcan or get a bowl to collect for your compost pile (if you're in to that kind of thing).


4. Cut the skinned pineapple into four wedges.


5. Take your knife and cut downward into the corner of each wedge to remove the core.


You'll be left with pieces of pineapple that look like this.


6. Chop it up however you please!


I put most of it in the fridge for later, but a few extra pieces wouldn't fit into the tupperware container... Ah darn, I guess I'll have to eat them.


Now you're ready for pineapple at breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacktime. Pineapple chutney, salsa, or upside down cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment