Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Plan


T-minus 4 days until Thanksgiving! This year is our year to spend Thanksgiving Day with my family in Cary, NC. We're looking forward to good food and a great time. My Mom is a master in the kitchen but she and I like to work together to get the menu planned out, and I like to add a couple new additions each year. Gotta keep it fresh! Since our Thanksgiving gathering is including lots of family friends this year, and each sibling usually brings one or two things, I decided to make a little layout of who was bringing what, plus the schedule for the kitchen at my parent's house.


I'm in charge of homemade green bean casserole, some kind of fun non-alcoholic cocktail, and wine. I'll be using this recipe for the casserole: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/11/green-bean-casserole-with-crispy-onions/.

And I'll be purchasing some three-buck-chuck cabernet sauvignon from Trader Joe's. I'm not ashamed. As far as the cocktail, I'm planning on making Pear and Rosemary Mocktails:

- Pear Juice (from Trader Joes)
- Rosemary Simple Syrup
- Club Soda
- Rosemary Sprigs (for garnish)
*Served over ice

I'll also be helping my sister in law who just had a baby last week with her responsibility (more veggies)! I think we'll do some curried roasted veggies - cauliflower, brussels, and carrots.
 

Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving filled with gratefulness and full bellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment